In more than a few instances I’ve turned on our LG Smart TV and started to watch the Daily workout on the built-in browser only to be greeted with a freezing video that doesn’t load while taunting me with a revolving circle of death. I’ve also heard the same thing from a few other members.
This isn’t cool and refreshing and reloading the page doesn’t seem to help, but there is a workaround. It involves nuking your browsing data on what is probably a seldom-used browser.
Here’s what has worked for me:
- Click the button in the upper right with three horizontal lines (often called the “hamburger” in web parlance).
- Choose SETTINGS.
- In the lower left click CLEAR BROWSING DATA and then Choose OK.
- Now go back to the Daily page and refresh it.
- You’ll get the screen that says “this content is available to XT Fitness members only…” Click the login button and login in again.
- Go back to the Daily page and you should be good to go now.
It’s not perfect because it entails using the pointer to type in your login details, but this is all I got.
Has this happened to you? Have you been able to use this fix or a different one? Please comment below.
WARNING: I wouldn’t suggest this fix on your computer or smartphone. Clearing all of your browsing data on those devices runs the risk of destroying a lot of history that you may want to keep. However, the smart TV browsers are used so sparingly that I’m personally not worried about losing a bunch of browser history.